Gear up your most innovative mobile healthcare business plan ideas and get ready to enter the…
2012 IIT mHealth Business Plan Competition!
The competition is an exciting platform for students from across the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) network to develop business plans showcasing healthcare information communications technology (ICT) products that provide quality and reliable healthcare at reasonable costs – yet can turn into highly profitable and sustainable business ventures.
Over the next few weeks, teams of students will collaborate to create written business plans, and finalists will present their ideas to a panel of international healthcare industry leaders on January 12, 2012.
The awards for the winners include:
1st Prize: $1500 + Certificates
2nd Prize: $1000 + Certificates
3rd Prize: $500 + Certificates
Winners also earn an opportunity to present their ideas at the Mobile Health Venture Fair at the 2011 mHealth Summit. Additionally, members of the winning team will receive recommendation letters from Stan Kachnowski, chair of HITLAB and professor at IIT-Delhi.
Program organizers – the IIT Delhi-Department of Management Studies and the HIT Lab – are accepting entries now until November 21, 2011. To register for the event, teams should submit a 250-word abstract detailing their business plan to email@example.com.
Stage 1: Registration and abstract submission: November 21, 2011
Announcement of stage 1 results: November 28, 2011
Stage 2: Full plan submission: December 12, 2011
Announcement of stage 2 results: December 23, 2011
Stage 3: Final presentation: January 12, 2012
The Final Presentations will be held at Vishwakarma Building, DMS, IIT Delhi.
Here are more details and rules for the competition:
1. This competition is for business plans addressing “Innovations in Healthcare ICT” only.
2. There should not be more than 5 members in any team.
3. This competition is open for all students of all the IITs only.
4. Students from different IITs may also collaborate to form a team.
5. No participant should be a part of more than one team.
6. Each team can submit only one business idea for the competition.
7. Each team is required to send a 250-word idea abstract before 11 p.m. on November 21, 2011 along with information such as contact details for the team captain, name of team members, affiliated institution, and course for registration.
8. Decisions by the organizing committee concerning acceptance/rejection, evaluation, and mentoring of submissions will be final and binding.
9. Teams must submit executive summaries and final plans in the prescribed format with full information before their respective deadlines. Deadline for submission of full plans will be December 12, 2011.
10. The team should be the intellectual owner of the idea.
11. Entries submitted after the deadlines will not be considered.
12. The judges, mentors and the organizers will take the utmost care in handling the entries, and will guarantee the utmost confidentiality.
13. The teams should have to borne all expenses themselves for appearing in this competition.
14. No changes would be allowed in the teams after registration.
15. No changes in the business plan idea will be allowed after the submission of executive summary.
16. The final round of this competition will be organized at IIT-Delhi.
17. The teams will be judged on various parameters by the experts from Industry and academia.
18. At any point during the competition the organizing committee has right to ask the participating teams for submitting proofs/ supporting documents related to their business plans.
We look forward to your active participation in this event. In case of any queries, please visit our website www.dmsiitd.org. Like the HITLAB Facebook page for updates on the contest.