Tell us about yourself. If invited to become a member this information will be displayed on our website.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO HITLAB
Describe what you would be able to provide to the HITLAB community as a member.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement, that I understand its terms, and that I have entered into this agreement voluntarily. Now, in consideration of the mutual obligations specified in this Agreement, the parties agree to the following:
1. Purpose of this agreement. The purpose of this agreement is to help foster collaboration between professionals in various fields and the HIT Lab to enable collaboration between both parties to improve human healthcare through thoughtfully designed and implemented technology. This collaboration of people from academia, government, and industry around the world will benefit both the individual and the HIT Lab by supporting research in areas such as healthcare information technology, medical informatics, economics and policy, genomics and clinical practice. This agreement is not an employment contract or an independent contractor agreement and may not be construed as such as the purpose of this agreement is to promote the sharing of resources, professional networking and collaboration of various individuals and resources as defined herein and in paragraphs below.
2. Member Benefits: A member as described in this agreement is entitled to:
(a) affiliation with the HIT Lab and use of the HIT Lab name according to the affiliation title approved by the HIT lab which in most cases will be "member";
(b) access to and use of the HIT Lab library; and/or
(c) participation in grants or research as approved by the HIT Lab; however any participation in any grant or research under this agreement shall be voluntary. If there is any understanding related to any monetary compensation or payment for any work or services, such understanding may only be agreed upon in a separate agreement and must be in writing and approved by HIT Lab management; any work performed under this agreement shall be considered done on a voluntary basis and gratuitous.
3. Member Responsibilities: Member hereby agrees to
(a) allow the use of the member's name, likeness, biography and/or resume/curriculum vitae to indicate membership in the HIT Lab in a list of all of the members and on its website and/or in any HITLAB promotional or marketing materials; HIT Lab shall have a revocable license to use same;
(b) making contributions to the research and study taking place at the HIT Lab including contributions to the library and publications of the HIT Lab without conditions or restrictions (except where the member expressly conditions or restricts any contribution as a copyright owner of an original work); (c) ensure that such contributions conform to the HIT Lab technical documentation and research standards;
(d) comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and such policies and guidelines governing membership as the HIT Lab board of directors and its working committees may adopt from time to time;
(e) to abide by all terms and conditions and operating rules of the HITLAB or any related healthcare organizations and medical associations;
(f) not to use membership in the HITLAB to conduct any activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others or to solicit HITLAB staff or members for other work, studies or grants to the detriment of the HITLAB;
(g) not to resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by using or providing access to the HITLAB, it's services, property, client's or associated entities to others;
(h) keep all confidential and proprietary information relating to various healthcare facility(ies) and medical patients confidential in adherence to all confidentialities under HIPAA, Federal law, New York State Public Health law and this agreement; and
(i) keep all HITLAB confidential and proprietary business practices, strategies and technologies of the Lab secret and confidential. Further, all confidentiality and HIPAA confidentiality clauses shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason, including without limitation expiration of term.
4. Termination. Either party, at its option, may terminate this Agreement upon at least ninety (90) days' prior written notice. Notice of termination shall have no effect on any licenses then in effect, or any licensing granted on any work in progress upon the sole discretion of the HIT Lab including any written materials that were printed or in progress prior to the date of termination. If the member wishes to have their name or likeness immediately removed from the list of members on the HITLAB website, he or she must place such request in writing mailed by certified mail that they revoke said license to use their name and likeness in all HITLAB materials.
5. General. The parties' rights and obligations under this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of their respective successors, heirs, executors, and administrators and permitted assigns. This Agreement constitutes the parties' final, exclusive and complete understanding and agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings and agreements relating to its subject matter. This Agreement may not be waived, modified, amended or assigned unless mutually agreed upon in writing by both parties. In the event any provision of this Agreement is found to be legally unenforceable, such unenforceability shall not prevent enforcement of any other provision of the Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflicts of law principles. The jurisdiction for any action shall be New York County, State of New York. Any notices required or permitted hereunder shall be given to the appropriate party at the address specified above or at such other address as the party shall specify in writing.