ASSOCIATE, qualitative & technology user research
HITLAB is a cross-disciplinary healthcare innovation and teaching lab with a presence in the United States, India and Ghana. We ideate, create and evaluate innovative solutions to healthcare challenges for companies, foundations, multi-lateral agencies, and governments. In partnership with others whose missions aligns with ours, we independently and ethically design studies, programs and products to improve access to quality healthcare worldwide.
HITLAB is looking for a research associate with a strong background in qualitative research and/or technology user research. The position incumbent will be responsible for conducting primary research on user needs, behaviors and motivations, and working with the research team to provide recommendations for improving digital health products. The position incumbent will be responsible for evaluating all the features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating internally, analyzing and reporting data, and occasionally leading projects.
- Employ diverse usability methods such as focus groups, remote and in-person user interviews, formal and informal usability testing, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, user needs assessments, cognitive walkthroughs/inspections, journey mapping, ethnography/field studies, card sorting, contextual task analysis, surveys, etc. as part of research conducted at HITLAB.
- Design research instruments (questionnaires and interview guides) along with study protocols for IRB
- Analyze research findings and qualitative data and reach solid conclusions that customers can act on.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in anthropology, public health, experimental psychology, sociology, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with hands-on qualitative research, market research or user research. This includes developing screeners; overseeing the participant recruiting process; writing and developing study protocols and discussion guides; using diverse methodologies such as focus groups, remote and in-person user interviews, formal and informal usability testing, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, heuristic evaluations, user needs assessments, cognitive walkthroughs/inspections, ethnography, etc.; analyzing research findings; presenting test results and pitching new ideas
- Experience with web and mobile app interface design, responsive design, iOS, Android, PC, Mac.
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their curriculum vitae, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Associate: Qualitative & Technology User Research
Attention: Human Resources
More information on HITLAB is available at:
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.