ASSOCIATE, EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS and Events
HITLAB is an innovation and teaching lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges. Our team of public health professionals, anthropologists, statisticians, clinicians, engineers, economists, strategists, and designers is determined to address healthcare needs across the globe. We work with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and delivery.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Associate, Innovation Events to support the Educational Programs and Events practice with at HITLAB such as conferences, seminars, product launches and healthcare salons. The Events Associate will be responsible for supporting programmatic and logistical components across HITLAB’s events and educational programs. Some of the logistical duties include vendor management, communications with speakers and special guests, coordination with exhibitors/partners, marketing and social media assistance, website maintenance, managing and tracking event invitations and registrations, meeting coordination and note taking, and handling general event inquiries, among other responsibilities.
- High-quality, professional customer service to all stakeholders.
- Communications with speakers and special guests.
- Coordination with exhibitors and partners.
- Marketing and social media assistance.
- Event website maintenance.
- Managing and tracking event invitations and registrations.
- Assist the manager with vendor management and payments.
- Meeting coordination and note taking.
- Handling general event inquiries and correspondences.
- Benchmarking and data collecting.
- Manage details around the HITLAB World Cup, including the application process and finalist logistics.
- Other administrative tasks relating to event and program management.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 3+ years of experience in planning/marketing/ promoting/producing events within a corporate environment or agency.
• Experience with event platforms such as C-vent, Splash etc.
• Experience with email marketing platforms such as MailChimp.
• Experience with website content management systems such as WordPress, Squarespace etc.
• Strong knowledge of social media marketing.
• The ideal candidate should possess strong ethics, motivation, professionalism and accountability.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High initiative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage collaboratively with all levels of personnel and work independently.
• Ability to comprehend and act on assignments of varying complexity.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word). Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of technology, including internet research, website portal management, and databases.
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines is essential.
• Healthcare and Technology industry experience is a plus.
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
Salary: In the range of $55-60K depending on experience.
We offer a fun, friendly and academic work environment with great employee perks!
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Associate, Educational Programs and Events
Attention: Human Resources
For more information please visit www.hitlab.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.