Full-time Temporary/Contract Position: Business Analyst
HITLAB is an innovation and teaching lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
Our team of public health professionals, anthropologists, statisticians, clinicians, engineers, economists, strategists, and designers is determined to address healthcare needs across the globe. We work with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and delivery.
The Business Analyst (BA) will support current and future Product Development efforts at HITLAB. The BA will act as the product champion and will translate business strategies into product strategies, story journeys, roadmaps, minimum viable releases, epics, and user stories.
The Business Analyst will:
- Consult with project stakeholders on idea and product discovery, translating ideas into user stories and user story maps that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development.
- Consult and advise on functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to project requirements
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability
- Research and analyze industry trends and benchmarking information as they apply to the various Health IT projects
- Facilitate regular meetings with project team, sponsors, and stakeholders. Solicit stakeholder feedback to validate priorities.
- Collaborate with the team on Sprint Planning and assist with planning to accomplish items from backlog.
- Manage backlog by creating a prioritized list, product backlog, and assists the team in breaking down the pieces into smaller, more manageable pieces and build it incrementally.
- Provide metrics to team and stakeholder to bring visibility on progress.
- Participate in the QA process by developing clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria and performing hand-off to QA.
- Participate in daily standup meetings, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years of professional experience participating in a Scrum environment required
- 1+ years working experience with Agile methods required
- Problem solving, decision making, and process thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills, and the desire and ability to research and formulate appropriate analytical technology or resolve problem situations
- Proven teamwork skills and ability to interact well with others; ability to work with and communicate to a variety of personalities and locations
- Self-motivated, and ability to work independently and effectively under deadline pressures
- Organized and detail oriented
Why work at HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Business Analyst
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.