HITLAB is a healthcare innovation and teaching lab with a presence in the United States, India, and Ghana. We ideate, create, and evaluate innovative solutions to healthcare challenges for companies, foundations, multi-lateral agencies, and governments. In partnership with others whose missions align with ours, we independently, ethically, and efficiently design studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and quality throughout the world.
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation!
The Director, Communications at HITLAB will play a pivotal role in defining, articulating and implementing the lab’s communications strategy and ensure the organization’s activities, core competencies and brand attributes are represented effectively across multiple channels. This individual will have worked in the healthcare/health tech sector and have superior visioning and story boarding skills, strong writing skills and an interest in scaling small organizations. The Director, Communications will lead a team of communications experts comprising of editors, media specialists and designers.
The Director, Communications will be responsible for:
- Assisting the leadership team in developing and implementing HITLAB’s strategic communications plans that help achieve annual goals and accurately represent the organization’s mission and vision.
- Developing and implementing a strategic communications plan geared towards promoting, enhancing, and differentiating the organization’s brand; increasing visibility across key stakeholder audiences.
- The development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities in the form of a marketing/public relations plan relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
- This individual will also be responsible to translate HITLAB’s work in healthcare innovation into media and marketing materials that resonate with communities in the healthcare, technology and innovation spheres.
- The position incumbent will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media. The goal is to advance the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as to drive broader brand awareness and recognition.
- The position incumbent will oversee and ensure integration and consistency of HITLAB's varied communications channels and products including the website, newsletter and social media presence.
- Engaging the existing and potential HITLAB community through multiple channels/outlets.
- Advanced degree in journalism, communications, or policy preferred or relevant communications/policy experience.
- Seven to ten years of professional experience at a mid to senior level in public relations, media, campaign communications.
- A minimum of five years managing or leading teams. Experience managing projects, consultants and budgets.
- Experience engaging large communities through various channels.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate stories/conversations into action plans.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing, growing organization with the ability to juggle competing needs.
- Ability to work under pressure with a variety of stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of branding, PR, media relations, publications, SEO.
- Understanding of healthcare technology/healthcare sector and key stakeholders.
- Media outlets and journalists
- Journal/Trade Magazine Editors
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their curriculum vitae, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Attention: Human Resources
More information on HITLAB is available at: www.hitlab.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer