Director, Educational Programs and Events
HITLAB is a healthcare innovation lab in New York, NY. We ideate, create and evaluate innovative solutions to healthcare challenges for companies, foundations, multi-lateral agencies, and governments in the US and globally. Comprised of a small core team of experts and a network of fellows and scholars, we work across diverse therapeutic areas on research, programs and products that aim to improve access and quality of healthcare worldwide through mobile and digital technology.
HITLAB is looking to hire an experienced professional to manage innovation events produced by HITLAB such as conferences, seminars, salons, boot camps etc.
The Director, Innovation Events will be responsible for leading the HITLAB’s events and educational program practice (diffusion) by developing events from the seed of an idea to launch and overseeing all programmatic and logistical components required to run successful experiences. This includes generating ideas and visioning for the event, creating the event, and designing a human experience that facilitates cross pollination, collaboration and innovation. Some of the duties include: producing detailed proposals for events in consultation with HITLAB Chair, Executive Director and staff, overseeing event logistics, venue and vendor management, creating the event agenda and timeline, selling sponsorship/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners, coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings, handling queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly, as well as post event metrics and evaluation.
• Strategic planning and visioning for HITLAB’s events and educational programs.
• Identify digital health trends, themes, topics, companies, and presenters through benchmarking, research, and telephone interviews with key professionals, industry leaders and HITLAB staff.
• Design, plan, and manage implementation of all events and programs for New Yorkand New Delhi with support from satellite teams.
• Identify, invite, and coordinate appropriate speakers/partners/attendees
• Identify ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities for all events and programs at HITLAB
• Create event marketing plans including email campaigns, social media, partner outreach, blogs, and press releases with assistance from marketing and PR colleagues.
• Provide direction to the designer to create and design event collaterals/materials.
• Create staffing plans to execute event deliverables. Create and execute the event’s run of show.
• Oversee all event staff, contractors, and vendors. Identify candidates and vendors through job postings and vendor bidding and create vendor contracts with the assistance of human resources and legal teams.
• Identify an event management tool to manage ticketing, agenda, and website. Lead the onboarding of the tool with the design and communications teams. Oversee training of staff on the tool.
• Develop content strategy for events including live streaming events through HITLAB’s livestream.com channel, YouTube page, and Facebook Live.
• Create and execute custom events and programming as and when requested by sponsors.
• Manage event budgets and track spending.
• Bachelor's Degree is essential; Master’s degree preferred.
• 10+ years of experience planning/producing events in the healthcare sector. Strong knowledge and understanding of event logistics and management of events.
• Experience with event marketing platforms such as Splash, Cvent
• Experience leading, managing, and staffing event teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Well versed with content management platforms and design software.
• Skilled in negotiation and conflict resolution.
• High initiative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage collaboratively with all levels of personnel.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word). Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred.
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines is essential.
• Healthcare and Technology industry experience is a plus.
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Director, Educational Programs and Events
Attention: Human Resources
For more information please visit www.hitlab.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.