HITLAB is a healthcare innovation and teaching lab with a presence in the United States, India, and Ghana. We ideate, create, and evaluate innovative solutions to healthcare challenges for companies, foundations, multi-lateral agencies, and governments. In partnership with others whose missions align with ours, we independently, ethically, and efficiently design studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and quality throughout the world.
HITLAB is seeking a motivated individual with significant experience and deep expertise in the life sciences sector, to build and lead the HITLAB’s emerging Digital Health strategic consulting (Ideation) practice for life sciences companies. The Ideation practice advises HITLAB’s customers on where and how to leverage Digital Health solutions to solve the complex challenges they face in developing and delivering their products and services to regulatory agencies, providers, patients and payers. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated leadership experience within a pharmaceutical organization, with experience in drug development and / or commercialization. Alternatively, significant consulting experience within the life sciences sector, would also qualify candidates. The ideal candidate must have strong analytical skills and an interest in solving complex problems aimed at improving healthcare outcomes, access to healthcare and quality of healthcare.
• Build and lead the Ideation practice, including organization development, operations and service delivery.
• Provide leadership and guidance to Ideation team on all aspects of projects, ensuring delivery of high quality outputs on time and on budget. Projects activities include, but are not limited to:
o Project definition and RFP response
o Project design
o Primary and secondary research planning and execution, interpretation of research findings, and definition of key insights
o Design and conduct of customer workshops and meetings, and provide concise summaries of workshop and meeting outputs.
o Deliver final recommendations to customers by integrating all research results and workshop outputs into actionable plan for leveraging Digital Health solutions and associated organizational structures, operating processes and communication strategies to positively impact and inform decision-making, business strategies, and operations for driving their business forward.
• Create and utilize strategic models and analytic tools to support key decision-making pertinent to digital health strategies.
• Serve as the point of contact for customers, along with the Senior Manager, to provide recommendations and guidance both to the customer and the HITLAB team.
• Lead business development activities at HITLAB by authoring/reviewing project proposals and building new and existing customer relationships.
• Review Ideation budget and resources on a regular basis to ensure health and growth for the practice.
• Lead Ideation practice development and put in place best practices to execute project deliverables.
• Work closely with the leadership team at HITLAB to strategize and implement ideas aimed at organizational growth and capacity building.
- Deep expertise within Life Sciences and Healthcare, e.g., worked within pharma or consulting specializing in life sciences.
- 15+ years in management consulting or within a pharmaceutical company.
- Familiarity with digital health solutions across the product lifecycle within pharma.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Superior customer engagement and relationship building experience and skills.
- Proven history of managing day-to-day client relationships.
- Prior experience managing teams, ideally across geographies.
- Extensive data analysis and interpretation experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High energy individual with a positive attitude and a proven ability to motivate and cultivate high performing teams.
- Flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of accountability.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset.
Why work at HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation!
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience; within the $120-$160K range.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email their curriculum vitae, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Director, Ideation
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.