Virtual Reality Developer
HITLAB is a healthcare innovation lab in New York, NY. We ideate, create and evaluate innovative solutions to healthcare challenges for companies, foundations, multi-lateral agencies, and governments in the US and globally. Comprised of a small core team of experts and a network of fellows and scholars, we work across diverse therapeutic areas on research, programs and products that aim to improve access and quality of healthcare worldwide through mobile and digital technology.
HITLAB has available an opportunity for a Virtual Reality (VR) Developer who will be tasked with developing applications for cutting edge virtual and augmented reality experiences. The ideal candidate must have the ability to grasp use cases quickly especially as they relate to healthcare. You will be working with other UX and design specialists, researchers and ethnographers. The ideal candidate must be able to rapidly develop prototypes and experiments drawing on past VR and AR project experience. The ideal candidate would have worked and succeeded in a team environment and have prior experience of interacting with customers.
- 3 to 5+ years’ industry experience in game-based software engineering, augmented reality and virtual reality development
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- 4+ years of experience in 3D computer graphics techniques and tools
- Proficient with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience in any VR platforms such as Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or Google Daydream
- Working experience in either Lumberyard, Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals
- Be a self-motivated and self-directed learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Subject Line: Virtual Reality Developer
Attention: Human Resources
For more information please visit www.hitlab.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.