- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in epidemiology, biostatistics or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high initiative, including the ability to engage collaboratively with all levels of an organizations.
- Understanding of research, study design and statistical techniques in population health and/or public health research 2
- Must be comfortable working with statistical packages including SPSS, SAS, R, MPLUS etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high growth organization with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate data results to diverse audiences in a way that is clear and understandable to those who do not possess data analysis and reporting expertise
- Passionate about public health, medicine, and digital technologies.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Part-time Hourly
- Strong English necessary if not language of origin.
HITLAB is an innovation and teaching lab dedicated to improving the quality and
accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and
evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
Our team of public health professionals, anthropologists, statisticians, clinicians,
engineers, economists, strategists, and designers is determined to address healthcare
needs across the globe. We work with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public
and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that
improve healthcare access and delivery.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Data Scientist to work with the
research team to facilitate data analysis and reporting for HITLAB’s pilot and evaluation
studies. He/she will advise the research team on study design and data collection
methodologies during the study planning stage, ensure data integrity during the collection
phase, lead/author statistical analysis plans, and carry out data analysis and reporting.
The Data Scientist will also contribute related written materials to study protocols, project
plans, and final project reports. The Data Scientist will have the opportunity to write up
their own grants in an area that interests them / their area of expertise. Candidates must
be professional, mature, and have the ability to represent HITLAB in a variety of high level
academic, government, and corporate settings.
- Provide guidance on issues related to study design, data collection, epidemiology, and data quality for multiple simultaneous projects
- Lead and author statistical analysis plans for HITLAB pilot and evaluation studies applying appropriate technical expertise
- Use advanced programming skills in SAS, SPSS or R to lead the evaluation of quality of data and to evaluate process and outcome indicators
- Provide interpretation and analysis of findings in written report
- Appropriately communicate processes, methodology and findings verbally and in writing to diverse audiences, including lay persons without knowledge of statistics
- Possess the ability to manage the data analysis components of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment