HITLAB Announces Finalists for Fall 2022 Breakthrough Alliance Challenge
HITLAB TEAM • November 23, 2022
Five finalists to present solutions to panel of judges during November Innovator’s Summit
November 23, 2022 – Today, HITLAB announced the 5 finalists selected for the Fall 2022 Breakthrough Alliance (BTA) Innovator’s challenge. The BTA is a digital health consortium which was created to accelerate a greater number of innovations to improve health outcomes and care delivery through verified emerging technologies.
The finalists, which were selected based on innovation, scalability, sustainability and impact of their solution, include Genus, Deliberate AI, Rubitection, Evva Health and Conversio Health.
There were hundreds of applications from around the world. Each was reviewed and scored by a panel of independent judges and Breakthrough Board Members.
All 5 companies will have a chance to present their digital health solutions on November 29th during the HITLAB 2022 Innovator’s Summit. Three tiers of winners will be selected.
The winning solutions will be evaluated in validation studies conducted by the HITLAB Research and Evaluation team. They will also receive an opportunity to present with other industry leaders at one of HITLAB’s monthly Digital Health Symposia. The 1st and 2nd winners will receive published articles.
“This semester, we had the highest number of applicants for the Breakthrough Alliance Challenge. It was a truly an amazing pool of applicants proving that innovation for digital health is not going anywhere.” said Stan Kachnowski, Chair of HITLAB and Director Digital Health Program, Columbia Business School. “While it was very difficult to choose the finalists, the 5 digital health solutions that were selected address current gaps in healthcare and fulfill unmet needs in the marketplace.”
Summary of Finalists/Solutions:
- Genus Connect – provides a content delivery system that empowers patients and caregivers with insights and affirmations for better care. Curated and engaging, content is delivered at the right time, with real-time feedback and validation to help improve outcomes and unite resources across the continuum of care.
- Deliberate AI –provides a data-driven multimodal assessment of psychiatric and neurological health for clinical trials and healthcare.
- Rubitection – an AI enabled platform for the assessment and care of chronic wounds. Supports early detection and management of pressure injuries, diabetic foot ulcers and post-surgical wounds helping to reduce costs and save lives.
- Conversio Health– a comprehensive disease management program designed improve care, adherence and cost associated with chronic respiratory conditions. They offer a high touch, tech-enabled program that includes an analytics driven pharmacotherapy service model, low-cost nebulizer medications across all drug classes and innovative DME to drive end to end care delivery for chronic respiratory patients.
- Evva Health – an AI-driven platform for caregivers of persons with dementia, providing personalized guidance (clinical, behavioral financial) care management and coordination to deliver best community-led care at home.
Join HITLAB on November 29th at Columbia University’s Lerner Hall in New York City to watch the finalists present their solutions and see who the three final winners will be. You can register/secure tickets here and find more info here about speakers, agenda and more. All guests must have a valid ticket.
Established in 1998, HITLAB is a leading evidence-based, healthcare innovation lab specializing in the delivery of world-class digital health research and education. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges across the globe. HITLAB works with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and delivery.
ABOUT HITLAB BREAKTHROUGH ALLIANCE
HITLAB Breakthrough Alliance was created in collaboration with the New York City Economic Development Corporation to foster the New York City digital health ecosystem and to accelerate a greater number of digital health innovations through the generation of exclusive, evidence-based research and insights. This new digital health consortium is a subscription-based service with a mission to improve health outcomes and care delivery from verifying emerging technologies and research—driven by the perspectives and strategies of its members.