We are excited to share our latest paper published in Cureus Journal of Medical Science.
HITLAB Announces Finalists for 2021 WHT challenge
December 9, 2021
HITLAB is pleased to announce the eight finalists selected for the WHT challenge. The WHT Challenge is an initiative founded in 2018 with the mission of addressing unmet health needs of women globally and increasing gender equity in technology and venture.
The finalists, which were selected based on impact, sustainability, innovation, feasibility and quality of work of their solution, include HerhealthEQ, Vitala Global Corporation, Whispa Health, Mammha, Aila Health, Gabbi, Univfy and Oova. There were a competitive pool of applications supporting women in the US and 23 countries across the globe which were reviewed and scored by 20 screening judges, all of whom are deeply involved in women’s health tech.
- Define the target population(s) who will utilize the solution. This may include all women or particular issues in women’s health in a particular patient population in the U.S., caregivers, family members, healthcare professionals, or others.
- Explain the unmet need and its significance to the target population and related stakeholders.
- Show how the Idea will fulfill or mitigate the unmet need. Concepts can focus on enhancing patient outcomes, lowering healthcare costs without compromising quality, making the management of patients more efficient, and improving their health and quality of life.
- Identify funding or revenue sources.
- Demonstrate that the concept can be feasibly scaled from a prototype to broad distribution within the target population.
- Define the value proposition and what makes the concept different from existing offerings.
- Highlight the novelty of the solution, such as the new usage of the technology or unique and creative applications of existing technology or protocols.
- Describe how the strengths of each entrant would support the process of bringing the concept to the marketplace.
- Include background details such as education, professional experience, leadership abilities, and technological capabilities, in addition to other potential attributes.
- Create a submission entry that illustrates a collaborative effort.
- Submit a novel idea, technology solution, or business concept in digital technology that represents the entrant’s highest quality of work. Provide a clear and coherent presentation (for the judges and the live audience).
Vitala Global is a Canadian not-for-profit organization that co-designs quality digital solutions that are community-led and user-centered with womxn/girls living in challenging contexts globally. We address their most stigmatized sexual and reproductive health needs whether that is related to pregnancy loss to family planning and abortion care.
Whispa Health uses technology to offer young people (especially women) quality sexual health education, private or anonymous telehealth consultations, affordable contraceptive counselling and services, cervical cancer screening and vaccination, comprehensive STD tests and more. Our goal is to help young people-particularly women, to manage their sexual and reproductive healthcare without shame, judgment, or stigma.
Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs) are the most common complication of pregnancy and childbirth. Health care professionals have long acknowledged that all women should be screened for PMADs and other risk factors. Unfortunately, an abysmally low percentage of women is screened and identified in most healthcare contexts. Mammha is an enterprise platform that provides in-office and remote maternal mental health screening and care coordination. Mammha’s technology and people help expedite connections between patients and an extensive internal network of global mental health professionals, treatments, and resources to help match women with appropriate care.
Aila Health is a virtual, precision health platform for the 50M Americans living with autoimmune diseases, 75% of whom are women. Their data-driven virtual care platform seamlessly ingests patient data to help integrative care teams deliver personalized, multi-specialty care in a scalable way for value based care organizations. Aila Health is on a mission to generate real world evidence for women living with these complex diseases so that we can better understand how to treat and manage them.
Gabbi is your personal breast specialist. Our proprietary algorithm assesses a woman’s risk of breast cancer, equips her with a personalized action plan, and navigates her to an early detection.
Univfy is making fertility care more affordable, successful and predictable
- Leverage AI/ML to personalize patient counseling and offer value-based pricing
- Help women and couples choose the best fertility path
- Patients should be able to count on fertility treatments to have a baby
Oova is the fertility translator that fully illuminates a woman’s fertility, giving her the clearest steps to conception. Founded by doctors and backed by Mount Sinai Hospital, Oova ensures each data point is valuable to patients and healthcare providers. Oova is the first at-home urine test that measures both luteinizing hormone and progesterone to inform a woman of her most fertile days and confirm that she released an egg this cycle.
Explore More Recent Posts
Today, the HITLAB Breakthrough Alliance (BTA) announced its final selection of three digital health companies for rapid verification testing of their new solutions by HITLAB.
The Importance of Compassionate Leadership in Creating Impact: Kerry Kennedy & Donato Tramuto Interview
Kerry Kennedy is the President of The RFK Human Rights Foundation, founded in 1968 to carry forward Robert Kennedy’s work on social justice…